Welcome to the Cancun International Airport arrivals and departures information section of eTransfers. Whether you are arriving in Cancun or departing from this beautiful destination, we are here to provide you with all the relevant information you need for a smooth travel experience with us.
Upon arrival at the Cancun International Airport, follow these instructions to meet our representatives
- Immigration and Customs: Turn on your cell phone after disembarking from the plane. This will help us contact you. Proceed to the immigration area. Present your passport, completed immigration forms (if applicable), and all necessary travel documents to the immigration officials. Once cleared, proceed to the baggage claim area to collect your baggage. Remember to declare all items as required by customs regulations.
- Baggage Claim: Locate the baggage carousels corresponding to your flight. Check the flight information screens for your flight number and assigned carousel. If you need help with your baggage, baggage carts are available.
- Transportation: After collecting your belongings, you will meet one of our representatives at the meeting points previously assigned according to the terminal T3, T4, T2 domestic, and T2 international (details previously sent by mail). You must constantly contact our customer service agents to meet the airport representatives quickly.
- Ground Transportation Information: If you still need to make a reservation, you can make it when you arrive at the airport at any eTransfers booth. Our customer service advisors will be happy to assist you.
Keep your phone on from the moment you land. This way, you will arrange a meeting point with our representatives and avoid unnecessary waiting time.
eTransfers offers pick-up services at your hotel to take you to the airport safely and reliably. Read the following instructions and catch your flight on time.
- Check-In: If your flight is domestic, you must arrive at least two hours before your flight. If it is an international flight, you should arrive 3 hours before your flight. Contact an eTransfers customer service agent to arrange a pick-up time at the hotel, so you will arrive at the airport to check in for your flight.
- Arrive at the airport well in advance of your flight departure time. Check the flight information on the screen, or check with your airline for the recommended check-in time. Go to your airline's check-in counters to obtain your boarding pass and check your baggage.
- Security control: After checking in, proceed to the security screening area. Remove metal objects, electronic devices, and liquids from your carry-on baggage to comply with airport security regulations. Place these items in the compartments provided and pass them through the metal detector. Follow the instructions of security personnel.
- Departure Lounge: Access the boarding lounge once you have passed the security checkpoint. Here you will find duty-free stores, restaurants, and other services available to passengers. Be sure to keep an eye on the flight information screens for updates about your gate.
- Boarding: When boarding is announced for your flight, proceed to the gate indicated. Boarding procedures may vary by airline, so pay attention to announcements or follow the instructions of airport personnel. Prepare your boarding pass and identification for verification.
Please note that the information provided above is subject to change, so it is always advisable to check with your airline or the airport's official website for the most up-to-date instructions, flight schedules, and any additional requirements specific to your trip.
Popular Airlines at Cancun International Airport:
Cancun International Airport serves numerous domestic and international airlines. Some major airlines operating at the airport include:
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines
- United Airlines
- Air Canada
- British Airways
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
Please note that this list is not exhaustive; other airlines operate at Cancun International Airport.
- Cancun Airport provides 24/7 medical services
- You will find banking facilities and a currency exchange service at Cancun Airport
- Taxis, shuttles, and car rentals are available at Cancun Airport
- No smoking at Cancun airport
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the terminal and almost all gates.
- You may find a lost and found area at the airport.
- The conditions of flight changes or delays are specific to each airline, and the airport does not intervene.
Cancun Airport Arrival and Departures FAQ’s
How long before my flight should I arrive at the airport to check in?
If your flight is domestic, you should arrive two hours before departure. However, if your flight is international, you should arrive up to three to four hours before departure for check-in and baggage documentation. It is advisable to contact eTransfers before your flight to arrange pick-up times.
Can I find transportation at the Cancun airport without a prior reservation?
Meeting transportation agencies such as eTransfers at your departure from Cancun airport is possible. However, services and units are subject to availability.
What services can I find at the Cancun airport?
Inside the Cancun airport, you will find ATMs, Wi-Fi in all terminals, small exchange houses, coffee shops, duty-free stores, and even restaurants such as Johnny Rockets, a lost and founds area, and restrooms, among others.
What do I do in case I need special assistance on my flight?
You should contact your flight agency directly; they will provide a solution and add special assistance during your flight, which usually costs extra.
How far in advance should I make my reservation with eTransfers to get to the airport?
It is advisable to make your reservation up to 2 days before your flight. This will guarantee an efficient and punctual transfer.